Saturday, January 3, 2009

Interesting times in Thailand


The "interesting" really started the morning I left. Snowfall caused a 2 hour delay with my flight out of Calgary and of course I only had about an hour window in Minneapolis. Next I'm off to LA for a night, then finally a day late to my Bangkok destination. Only one small issue - my backpack is still in Minni!!! Finally got that the next day and we actually made it for New Years in Hua Hin! Amazing!

Then I get what I believe is food poisoning for a day - woke up at 4:14 in the morning and I knew it wasn't good (you gotta know my travel buddy is ready to dump me) I was in bed for the entire next day - great way to deal with jet lag eh?

Had a decent day today in and around Hua Hin and we are off on an express sleeper train in about and hour to the southern islands of Ko Panghang and Ko Samui - looking forward to relaxing and enjoying the beaches, some snorkeling and possibly kayaking.

Sorry there's no pics this time - I'm in a bit of a hurry and can't locate the usb cable for my camera - really not much anyway unless you wanted to see pics of the LA or Tokyo terminals ha ha!

Chat soon - hope everyone is well!

Brian

No comments: