Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Last night in Bangkok!
























































Had a great day touring around taking in some of the sights. Started with a canal ride to the
main transit station where I just decided to take a trip north as far as I could go.......got out and walked around a park for a bit then headed back south to a station where the Victory Monument was. From there I went back to the original staion and got out and found a place
called Jim Thompsons House - google it please I do not have time to explain - but it was a very nice old teak home filled with all kinds of artwork and Thai artifacts! Next back to the canal boat and dropped off at a place near the Golden Dome - a temple with over 300 steps and a nice view a the top!














Then back home to Rikkas' on Kosahn Rd where the 6th floor pool was beckoning
- got my last few rays - now its that gradual return to pasty white that I so love! Then some last minute shopping, a new big travel bag to bring everything home in, some packing - 3 am comes very soon and then maybe a last minute tour of the Padpong district - we won't go into detail about what goes on around there but lets just say that the guys I know who have been here told me that you need to go just to check it out - so what the heck - I've got an hour or two to kill!! That could very well be the main subject matter of tomorrows blog - who knows! Take care - not sure if I'll be able to do another before I return but I'll try!










Brian

No comments: