Friday, February 20, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Desi's birthday

COC - Aussie Rules
a 12 degree February Day in Bearspaw
Bob, Randy and Moi - the young pup of the group
mr. moose - oooops make that Mrs. moose

Great to be back in beautiful Alberta but I find myself very much missing, even after three weeks, the adventure, novelty and thrills of my extended journey through Thailand and Malaysia. Since my return there have been some fun COC funtions - Aussie Rules, encounters right outside my front door with deer and a moose, great weather - in fact warm enough to get some reading in, out on the deck and two big birthday celebrations - my own with buddies Bob and Randy down at the old Double Greeting Noodle House - we miss you Mike - and of course, my granddaughters 4th on Valentines Day!

The only down side has been a scary incident with my eyesight - it seems the bright flashes of light I was experiencing even while on my trip - were indicators of a tear in my left retina - for which I just had laser surgery! Extremely grateful it didn't become a problem until I returned home!!

Stay tuned.....hockey tournament in Montreal in April, a weekend golf trip to Phoenix in the spring, maybe San Fran in June and I am going to do my best to make a COC West Coast Trail excursion in July! Hopefully my good fortune of 2008 and early 2009 continues!! Best wishes to all - thanks for following along!

Brian

No comments: