Saturday, February 7, 2009

Part 8 - KL to - Ao Nang Beach, Krabi











Let me just start by saying that it is going to be impossible for me to convey the astounding beauty of this area of Thailand with a few pics - I was absolutely blown away by most of my experience here.

We arrived, via Air Asia - only $70 - at Krabi Airport late afternoon and then were bused to the Noppharat Resort at Ao Nang beach about 45 mins away. (Unfortunately no pics but there is one of this funky little restaraunt/bar where we had lunch then later witnessed some fire dance performances.)

We passed thru Krabi townsite - not much to see - but the beaches were amazing as well as the plethora of interesting rock formations. I jumped the gun a bit with my pics as the brown structure you see is Ya Ya's guesthouse at Railay beach (pronounced Riley), where we stayed the following two nights. We had to take a long tail boat from Ao Nong beach (top photo) to get there - no other access.

No comments: